Tuesday, October 28, 2008

When Husbands are sick.

We all get that when a husband gets the sniffles we suddenly have helpless person on our hands but when they have something that makes them ill chronically it becomes a different matter for both him and yourself. Dave has been having stomach issues ongoing now and he has been a real trooper. He goes to work no matter how weak, rundown or exhausted he feels. He lets me get extra rest on the weekends and still go out without the boys. It is hitting me just as hard emotionally. Seeing him not enjoy food like he did(those of you who know him, yes he does not eat like he did), Seeing him in constant pain and discomfort and most of all not seeing things get better. Dave has lost a lot of weight and I just pray that this new medication stops being a problem and starts working. I miss that he can't enjoy life like he once did. I feel so helpless. It isn't like when he has a cold and I can get him something like soup or when he has the flu I can get him something like gingerale. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do and I feel helpless.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Hey Dave and Darcy,
So sorry to hear that Dave has not been well. Is he seeing a specialist? I am enjoying your blog; you inspired me to start one as well. I will be praying that you get some answers.....
Virginia Olive