Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trials and Blessings!

Well, what a whirlwind the past few days have been. As I have blogged, Dave recieved the next big dose of chemo on Wednesday but he has been feeling so wonderful. Thursday he had a minor surgery and had his port-a-cath placed and it was very successful!!! Thursday evening we were also blessed with a visit from Dave's (our) really good friend Matt from Edmonton. This was not only a good visit for Dave but for me as well. Unfortunately on Friday the Nausea and Vomitting won out over the tube and it became dislodged again. After a trip to the foothills, we decided that it was not the best to put it down but wait until Monday since the nausea was still happening. We have gotten some different medicine for the nausea and it seems to be helping a bit. Dave went almost a full 12 hours without vomitting!!! Yeah!!!

Another hard thing this past weekend is that Caleb has gone to spend some time with his aunt and uncle and cousins in Lloyd. I still miss him as much as it is a blessing. I know that I can deal with things that are difficult with Dave much easier without having a 3 year old to care for too. I miss him and our snuggles together but I know that he is cared for very much and will have a fun time. He was so happy and excited he didn't want to talk to me on the phone and shed no tears! This also gives me a Noah some one on one time! Thank you so much Auntie Richelle!

No comments: