Monday, January 19, 2009

Drama,Drama Drama!!!!

WELL....It has been an exciting weekend! Everything seemed to be on the right track Friday night and we have been quite blessed. Saturday morning started with quite the start...a VERY loud thud, a so-loud-I-was-petrified thud. I made it upstairs from our main floor to our bedroom in under 30sec. Dave had collapsed and fell in the bathroom. He wasvery sore and confused. There was blood everywhere and it was still coming from his face. I did a quick assessment and ran downstairs and called our good friends Jon and Brandy. Once Brandy was on her way and I had calmed myself back down and got Dave a little cleaned up and back to bed so I could get a better look. Since it was a wound in and around his mouth it was seeming worse that it was. I knew that Dave most likely needed stitches and I was concerned because he had the Thrush infection in his mouth. We decided to go to the Airdrie Minor Emergency which we thought opened at 7am but it was 8am...not bad still. We dropped Noah off with Jon and went and got gas in the van and went back. We got in and were the first patient. Dave ended up with 3 stitches in his groove of his chin and a tetanus shot. We were home by 930am! Jon came in with kids and the girls watched Noah, the boys watched a movie upstairs and Brandy and I rearranged the bedroom and did some tidying.



Sharlene and Auntie Donna came over and I got out to run some errands. Everyone was gone and Dave was tucked into bed and I was making some phone calls. I heard Dave Banging on the wall. I went up and the tape had loosened around his feeding tube and it had come out about 10 inches and the feed was then going into his stomach! After a quick prayer, I thought that we don't want to lose it completely so I slowly and gently pushed it in about 6", thinking it would just curl up in his stomach but it would be easier to reposition. So I dropped my name and told them to call the Peter Lougheed DI department. The PLC DI rocked out. They got him in right away, so off we went! They did an xray of his abdomen to check placement before they started and IT WAS IN THE RIGHT SPOT!!! Thank the Lord, we caught our first break!!! The best news was that perstaltic movement was moving it to an even better position. By the time that we left it was back to being only 1" from his nose...WHERE it STARTED!!! Since we had been told that his peristaltic movement had almost completely stopped.



We all slept amazingly until 8am! I think that part of that is that Dave and I are in the same room again. Sunday we just enjoyed the Day. Sharlene and Auntie Donna came over so I could

No comments: