Monday, January 12, 2009

Enjoying the Moments

I feel that life is truly about enjoying the moments that are happening and not waiting for the ones to come. That is truly what I/we are trying to do. I won't lie and say that it is easy everyday, especially when you are looking something in the face day in and day out, but it is truly what I try to remember when those difficult moments are upon me. The biggest joy was just snuggling and laughing last night with Dave. He was resting in bed and it was later in the evening. We joked about movies he had made me watch and some of them I must admit I truly enjoyed. Amazing how people can show you something you don't think that you will enjoy and you truly do! It was the best 15 minutes I had all day!

Today brings some tests and procedures on us but it isn't anything that we cannot handle with God on our side. So please pray the the blood work tests and the Feeding tube placement goes well and smoothly. We are also hoping to get into the Doctor today or early in the week, so if you could add it to the list as well it would be appreciated. I am so grateful for the wonderful prayers and support that I have and have had. You are all amazing! It is a true paradox of life that I can feel so blessed while in the midst of a serious health crisis! Our God is truly amazing!

2 comments:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

Thinking of you guys! (and praying of course!) I was wondering if you will make it to the girls night on the 22nd at Chianti's? I am working on meals & thought I could give you a bunch that night if it works for you? If not, I will work out something to get these meals up to you. Sorry, works been taking up a lot of my free moments...let me know if that doesn't work!

Stitcher said...

Oh Darcy, it is so good that you guys can have the intimate moments, and that you can share them!! Thinking of you lots, especially as my family has been sick... what a job being a wife and mom is - I know you love it too, even at the worst of times!