Thursday, October 1, 2009

When making the right decision isn't easy...


I have come to the realization that I am not super mom or super woman. (Oh how I wish that I could be) What I am is a single working mom that is busy with 2 boys, a job and sorting out this new life I have been given. Enter one little puppy named Dexter, who I love dearly. Unfortunately, when all energy is used on Caleb and Noah, there is no patience or time for Dexter. There are also day where he is left alone for too long. It just isn't fair. As well, I believe that Noah is reacting to the saliva from Dexter.


I have spent the past month and a half bawling over this decision. I have to give Dexter to a home that will be better for him. I have a home that is going to take him for a trial tonight. If they feel that it is going well he won't return home to me. I am very sad but I know that it is best for Dexter and for me. I will miss my puppy but he will be better off.

2 comments:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

Hoping this decision gets easier and supporting your wisdom!

The Mailman's Wife said...

Sad, but very wise of you. Did Dexter stay with the family?