Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When the coffee doesn't kick in....

PRAY!

Well this morning started off very promising. I got to sleep in until about 9!(I have said it before and I will say it again, I have sleepers!!!!) Unfortunately, the morning just started going sideways. Patience wasn't my strong suit, Caleb was being inquistive and pushing limits, and well, Noah was sick...Whiny and sick. When your almost 2 year old is crying on the floor because he can't have juice in the living room...and you are feeling like you are having a one-sided argument; you definitely know it is time for coffee!

So I took a moment, made some coffee, snuggled a little man, and answered 10 more questions from Caleb. Thinking 'Okay, finally we are on track for a good day'. Nope, everything that I had tidied was all pulled out, Cheerios went flying across the livingroom, Noah was all puffy and snotty, and the washer signal went off! Where do you turn when there is no sign of the day going well. PRAY!!!

Instead of yelling, getting frustrated, or snapping I paused, prayed and praised. How lucky am I that all they have are colds, That their minds are growing and changing and they want to learn, that they are active and want to play, that we have a home that is filled with love and life! So what if one minute, one hour, or even one day isn't smooth or easy in the long run it will be worth it! I asked God to grant me patience and parenting energy as the day goes on and to gently remind me of all the blessings I have. I also asked if he could have the coffee kick in too!

Have a Blessed Day!

3 comments:

Mellow said...

Well said Darcy! I am so there today too...about to lose my mind. Thanks for the reminder.

The Nilsen's Journey said...

I loved this post Darc! Thanks for sharing it!

The Mailman's Wife said...

Thanks for the reminder Darcy! I needed it!