Thursday, December 4, 2008

Run over by a train...But still surviving

We have made a ton of phone calls in the last few days. We finally got a diagnosis for Dave, He has esophageal cancer. I apologize if this is the way that you are finding out but we have been a little bit overwhelmed the last 48 hours. I am still in shock and the emotions roll over me like waves. We truly did have a joyful day yesterday celebrating Caleb's Third birthday! The boys have been off because well lets face it...they are not stupid, they can tell when something is up.

I have been trying to wash what I know from my head and focus on not putting the cart before the horse. Our outlook is to get through these next few tests.(Today the endoscope with an ultasound to stage the cancer and see how far it extends in to his esophagus and then a CT to see if it has metatisized.) Then we will go and see the GI surgeon to hopefully get it removed. Regardless we are going to be fighting this with everything we have and we will beat it.

Dave is in really good spirits and has a very positive outlook. I am really trying but I do have my moments of being petrified. I start in the morning with prayer to help me keep the positive attitude and not to focus on what may be. So please pray and keep us in your thoughts over the next few days.

3 comments:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

We are speechless & teary eyed reading this post, Darc! We have immediately prayed for you all & will continue to lift you up everytime we think of you (which will be often I'm sure). Give Dave a BIG hug from us & tell him we're so proud of him & his strong attitude!!! Love you & wish we were closer to help out during this season!!

Virginia said...

Darcy - We will pray, pray, pray!! For wisdom for the physicians and for every decision that needs to be made along the way. For strength for all of you as you travel this road. For rest and for times of quiet, for peace and God's strength to uplift you. Give Dave our love and hugs and know that we care!!
Love, Virginia and Byng

Melanie said...

We are praying and our friends and family are praying and sending energy....