Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Blessings.

We are definitely feeling blessed this holiday season! We have wonderful friends that have been supporting us here through this journey and more friends and family coming to help. Our prayer and support network seems to know no bounds. We have I think almost every continent covered with prayers and offers of support! Amazing, God has blessed us with amazing friends and family!

I have been blessed with the help of 2 friends this week that brought our house alive with Christmas! It is so joyous to have our house ring through with thoughts of Christmas. Jamie set the tree up and put lights on it as well decked my banister with my garland. Melanie did an amazing job with the decorations on the tree and a few more around the house. It felt so uplifting last night to have our living room lite up with Christmas.

Through this trial I have never felt more connected to Dave. He truly is my soul mate. It is amazing how the most trivial and mundane things get you in times like this. It isn't when the boys are screaming and I need a break that I miss him most(don't get me wrong I really miss him then too!) but it is when the house is quiet. These are the moments that we would snuggle on the couch, pick out a movie(okay Dave would pick out 3 and I would choose from there...Last night it took me 2 hours to pick a movie!!!) and relax with each other. During these times my house feels foreign to me, there is definitely a piece missing. I have been blessed with a wonderful partner who I love sharing the mundane things with...

Friends and Family are our real christmas blessings! It isn't the 'stuff' but the time and thought that matters. So many people have given us so much with their time and thoughts. We are so gratiful and our hearts are overflowing.

1 comment:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

I am so glad you have friends that helped brighten your home! Darc, I am really proud of you! I can't imagine the heartache you are experiencing as you guys battle this! Remember, David beat the giant! Dave will beat this! We love you guys!!