Thursday, December 18, 2008

Normalcy returns for a moment...

This morning is back to some form of normalcy. I am spending the morning with the boys before going to the hospital to visit and be with Dave. I have been blessed with wonderful friends that have been watching the boys for me when I need to be with Dave for a procedure or test. Our good friends Jon and Brandy(well...Brandy since Jon was at work, but he was there in spirit!) took the boys for us from Sunday night until Last evening. That has been the longest time that I have been away from either of them!

So this morning is about rediscovering the toys they have, Thomas on the TV and me with my coffee. It is amazing how much they change in just a few days! I have had some good snuggles and got some great video of Caleb and Noah to take up to Dave this afternoon.

We are truly trying to live in the moment. Since the boys can't go up to visit we are taking video clips of them up to Dave and Vice Versa. Dave won't be getting out of the hospital anytime soon, they are wanting to get his pain and quality of life under control before he comes home. The nurses, LPN's, doctors and everyone else on the unit is wonderful!

1 comment:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

Those moments of normalacy are often what we find mundane & yet so special...it's incredible hey? It's good to hear you are all pulling together during this & that friends are helping out! Say hi to Dave today from us too! Love you guys!