Well it has been 10 months from Dave's Diagnosis and almost 4 since he has gone to heaven to be with Jesus. It was a very hard journey that Dave and I both grew through. Thank the Lord that we were able to have open and loving conversations before his passing. During the last 10 months, I have done a lot of thinking, praying and growing as a person.
A chapter has closed on my life. It was an amazing wonderful and blessed chapter. Just because this chapter has closed doesn't mean that I will never reflect on it, miss it or remember the joy from it. Unfortunately though, nothing can also take me back and live in it again. I have to move forward and embrace the new chapter in my life. The new blessings, the new adventures.
In the last few months Dave prayed for this, encouraged it and made me promise to move forward. He blessed me. What amazing courage that took. What a blessed heartache to see your dying husband praying for the man that would take his place. In the last days, Dave would remind me of my promise to him. He spoke with love.
As I start this next chapter, I know that grief bursts will come for the rest of my life. These will not go away, nor do I wish them away. They will get easier. I am coming from a level head, welcoming heart and an good mindset. I am not replacing the irreplacable Dave. I am finding someone who I can share my life with, share my joys, accept and help honor the past, wipe my tears and make me laugh.
Please feel free to re-read my blog entry Glimpses into my thoughts in May. I have recently done that as well.
1 comment:
You are able to communicate so beautifully Darcy...Thank You for your willingness for us to see a glimpse of your thoughts. I find this helpful for ministry.
Post a Comment