Yesterday was the tree dedication at Fish Creek Park. It was emotional at times. A pastor named Wes Gorman from centre Street church spoke. One thing that he said resonated with me. He spoke of the spuce tree and how if you hold onto the branch tightly it brings emmence pain and resticts growth, but as you let go the pain slowly goes away and the tree can grow. Similarly with grief he said, the tighter you hold on the more prominent and painful the pain of the loss is. But as you loosen your grip the pain slowly starts to go and the wonderful memory can grow. He also stated that the person's memory will not be lost as you let the pain go.
What symbolism! I often look back on my life with Dave with fondness and love! He definitely helped form the person and women that I am. 13 years of friendship,love and fun! I will always carry him in my heart and mind. He has given me such strength to move forward and carry on living! I was blessed and continue to be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment