After 5 months, I returned to the Foothills Medical Centre. I had spent the majority of the past 3 years there between Dad and Dave. I had to go in for an education day and didn't really think about the fact that it was my first day going back there until I was pulling up to the parking lot. A rush of emotions hit me for a minute and then a sense of peace. There was definitely some praying going on to get me through the doors. On my coffee break I ventured up to Unit 47, the last unit Dave was on and the spent his time since March. The Charge nurse Jen was there and it was so good to see her! I caught up a bit and definitely felt a huge sense of closure. During my lunch break I walked through the cancer centre and sat and had lunch in the corridor that had a ton of windows(the one I made a lot of phone calls from). I thought that I would be an emotional wreck considering that I had been up for more that 24hrs but I was very much at peace.
God is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment