Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fatherless Father's Day

Well, I think that it could be said best that we are not truly fatherless since we have such a wonderful Heavenly Father. The pain is not entirely covered by that but what does make the pain better and easier to deal with is the fact that my father and Dave were exceptional fathers. My Dad truly showed the Heavenly father love and devotion. He was an amazing father. I have had him in my life for 29 years and was truly blessed.

I also hold close that Dave was an amazing Dad and was amazing to watch with the boys. It is sad that he didn't get to reach the full potential but he did an incredible job while he was here.

Father's Day is not just about honoring what the fathers are doing now but honoring what your father has done for you in entirety. I hope that you celebrated the amazing men in your lives and remembered the important ones that aren't here to celebrate with you.

1 comment:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Bless you girl. Still praying for you.