So we decided to start potty training up with Caleb again. I have been very apprehensive. I have done some reading, watched the free video from huggies(you can order them on line) and I feel a little more confident. I have decide to tackle one thing at a time instead of the whole potty experience. This weeks goal to get him used to stopping and going to the potty without screaming. I am not focused on getting anything done on the potty just get him used to going on one. I have also decide that we are not going to stop our activities and stay home(I think that that is more disrupting to him.) We just go to the potty on the go!
So Sunday we told him what we were going to start doing. Monday came and we sat on the potty...a lot, nothing happened but I reminded myself that that wasn't the goal. Tuesday came and we sat on the potty and he peed twice on the potty ( the first time at the childminding at the gym!!!!! Was I shocked!!) We of course gave big congratulations and High fives all around. So we will see how it goes.
We are trying not to ask if he has to go but make it a statement. Since his favorite word is sometimes 'no' this seems to help. We will keep you posted as our adventure continues
1 comment:
Yeah for a successful 1st few days! Good luck! I did find something at Walmart the other day (yes, I bought but only for future use); they were water proof underpants. I like the idea rather than the disposable pull ups. These were by Kushie (7 bucks a pop), but I thought they were a good find. Just thought I'd pass that along.
Post a Comment