So these pictures are back from Halloween...I know they are old but both my boys and myself stepped out of our comfort zone. Noah really is not comfortable getting his hands sticky or yucky. He really wanted to carve a pumpkin though. Since part of carving a pumpkin is cleaning out the insides he had to leave his comfort zone to do what he wanted. Yes, I did help a bit but at the end of the time he started having fun with the getting dirty. All to have his pumpkin carved. He realized that it was okay to get a little uncomfortable to have the joy at the end.
Caleb on the other hand wanted to carve his own pumpkin with a sharp knife....Growing up can lead any mom to go outside of her comfort zone! So there I was struggling with all the dangers of handing my almost 8 year old a sharp knife or insisting he is too small to do it. It is kinda hard since he towers up to almost my shoulder! So I prayed that nothing would happen to him, handed him the knife and guided him from the outside my comfort zone. Low and behold he did great! There was no blood, not a scratch, and it gave him confidence. When I let myself trust God and left my comfort zone AMAZING things happened. I enabled my child to do something, gave him confidence and I felt great!
So why is it so scary to leave where we are comfortable? Because comfort gives us security right. What if we found our security in God and not our comfortable place? So once again I am going to trust God as he leads me out of my comfort zone. This time is isn't about parenting necessarily but about my health! I feel very uncomfortable running...I can think of 20 or so excuses NOT to do it. But I hear a voice inside me telling me that it will be good for me. I am certain that that is God telling me that I should venture out and start running. Trusting God I know I can. I will let you know how it is going along this blogging adventure and the journey of the "better Me" resolution!
Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me


No comments:
Post a Comment