Well, Dave is still in hospital and will be for some time yet.
Monday: They tried oral pain medication(let's just say I was not happy.) this unfortunately was not communicated clearly and Dave was sent into a pain crisis. I went in to the hospital to make sure that his pain was being controlled and that he was alright. I had taken the boys to my mom's and so I went there for the night.
Tuesday: I went in thinking that I was going to be dealing just with the pain management aspect of Dave's care but it soon became apparent that there was a lot more on the table to deal with than pain management. The palliative doctors were very apologetic about the pain control and fixed it. The medical oncology team was concerned about Dave's hemoglobin and wanted to do a blood transfusion(sounds way scarier than it is.) and also wanted a CT. So Dave had his CT scan and within an hour the results were in and there were issues in the stomach, small intestine and large intestine. Now we were going to get a consult with the Gastroenterologists. In the meantime Dave's nurses hooked up his blood and off went the blood transfusion(without any hiccups.)
Wednesday: Well Gastroenterology came for the consult(You have the pre-consult with the fellow/resident and then the actual Gastro guy) When Dr. Kaplan came to see Dave, Dr. Easaw(our oncologist) came in quite by coincedence. We all got to discuss the game plan and know what they said to each other. Game plan is to take a look at 2 separate areas; One the stomach and duodenum with an upper GI follow through and Two a sigmoid-colonoscopy.
Dave is in good spirits and trying to remain positive. Hopefully after tomorrow we will have more answers. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment