Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What is a Chart for anyway...

So Yesterday was rather frustrating, I found out the the Doctors have not read Dave's history over the past few weeks. I tried as calmly as I could explain why they needed to do more investigation than just an xray,especially since his pain has not gone away. I believe that the partial bowel obstruction was a symptom of the pain management and not the original cause. Once they got the whole history the they were more inclined to do more investigation. They are also going to manage his pain better.

They have also moved him out of his hallway closet room to what I must assume is the best room on the ward. It is shared but he is on the window side and the window wall is floor to ceiling windows and wall to wall windows. It is pretty nice.

I will let you know how things are going but they are most likely gonna keep him until his PET scan is done.

2 comments:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

We will be praying that God will reign over his doctors these days! I bet it must be frustrating! Hang in there, God is in control! Remember in the discouraging moments how far you've come!! Blessings!

SJ said...

Thank goodness you are willing to challenge the system! And YAY for the best room on the floor - if you have to be there you might as well do it right:)

Praying for strength!