Thursday, December 17, 2009

I got engaged!!!!!

Michelle, Curt, Mike and Me

Mike and me.

It has been rather busy around here and haven't had time to post. On November 27 Mike proposed. He had me by complete surprise. We went to the Salt Lik downtown to go on a double date with our friends Michelle and Curt Janzen. Because of the huge blizzard we were all late. We ordered an appetizer while we waited for Michelle and Curt to get there. When the dry ribs came out they were anything but they were goopy and sticky(very good though). I looked at the ribs and then at Mike with a kinda "what is up with these" look and then got distract by some crazy rider fans. When I looked back at the table Mike had slide a little purple box on the table. I knew that an engagement was in our future but I was completely surprised by the timing! Mike simply asked "Will you marry me?" and I said "Yes". Simple and perfect! Michelle and Curt joined us later and we celebrated together!


2 comments:

Mellow said...

Happy for you Darcy! :)

The Nilsen's Journey said...

we truly are so happy for you all! i am so thankful to witness God's amazing love poured over you!! many wishes for all the joy this season you can handle!