Monday, November 23, 2009

A new Motto for our House

Share Faith ~ Offer Prayer ~ Gather Often
What a great saying or group of sayings. I never want my faith, which has carried me so far, to not be shared. What an amazing way to show how God can carrying you and supply your needs. It is mixed feelings with how things happened with both my Dad and Dave but there is one thing that is certain, God carried me. When life was too hard to stand I knelt and God answered prayer.(When I couldn't pray, people prayed for me) The funny thing about faith and believing in an Almighty God is realizing that what you ask for in prayer might not be the answer that God has in store. The true test of faith is when you can trust that there is a reason, a plan and that you will come out the other side.
This faith doesn't come easily and it is hard to let that control go. Especially when we, as humans, like to control everything ourselves. It is truly amazing though how when we let God control things and trust in his control how amazing your life can be. You can see it in all aspects of life not just the sad, frustrating ones but the surprising joys too. For example, Dave and I didn't plan either of our kids. We didn't think that we were ready. Well, God sure did! We trusted and prayed and we were given to amazing children that I wouldn't trade for the world!
Our house has always been a gathering place, something that I wouldn't change for the life of me. I love being surrounded by friends, food, and laughter! Life was meant to share, good and bad times.
God has a plan. His plan involves me and that is pretty cool! So there are 2 thoughts:
1) Share Faith~ Offer Prayer ~ Gather Often
2) When life is too hard to stand, kneel

2 comments:

Mellow said...

Beautifully said, Darcy. :)

The Mailman's Wife said...

I am glad you blogged again! I kept checking back and wondering if all was well. Thanks once again for sharing your beautiful thoughts.