Well Yesterday I attended the 11am service at church. The first time since I was sitting there celebrating Dave.
It was hard on many different levels....1) being that Noah, for the first time since he was very little, did not want stay in the nursery so I was only in for the worship. 2) This was something that meant a lot to both Dave and my Dad 3) the last time I was there was to celebrate Dave.
I have been blessed with amazing friends, on all accounts. I picked this Sunday so I could attend with Steve, Anya and Issac. It was perfect just to be able to sit with someone who could support me through the tough times. There were loads of tears shed let me tell you.
Let me tell you something about worshipping when you have lost someone like I have, it touches you on a different level. The emotions come bubbling up and are uncontrollable. There is one song I particularly felt a very strong connection with, Hillsong's "Desert Song"
The lyrics that touched me the most (but truly the whole song is my new theme song!) was the refrain:
" All of my life in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship."
Though some may look at this time in my life the worst possible time(and it truly could be) but I have God. I have an amazing, faithful God. If he thinks that I am strong enough for this journey than he will see me through. God has provided through this trial and has answered prayer. Sometimes the answer isn't what we asked for but it is still an answer. When you let go and let God amazing things happen(I am not saying easy,happy joyful, but amazing none the less).
2 comments:
Darcy, I too find comfort in the song you referenced. I pray that you are finding peace through the days that you feel weary. You are right, God will bring you through. Your strength through all this trial is truly inspirational, and show's God's amazing grace.
Sending you our love,
Marsha
Darc,
Great post! I'm gonna send Jenn to your blog! Maybe this can speak to her too! Bless you!
Post a Comment