Saturday, February 7, 2009

What A Week!

Sorry that I haven't been deligent at posting but having 2 around the house entails a bit more. Firstly, I love having all my boys home, including my puppy. We have had a few sleepless nights, few exciting moments and many more blessed ones as a family.

Onto what the week held. Dave restarted his chemotherapy this week. Since it has been out of is system for about 3 weeks and does have an accumulative affect we are waiting to see as a) they increase the dose or b)the next big injection or c) both. Dave is doing really well this round but his also did really well with the first round. I am hoping that this will continue as the round improve. Over the next 2 weeks we are at the hospital 3 days out of 5! Holy Moly, talk about feeling like you live at the hospital. Each day should be short visits, hopefully.

It was also a big week for Noah! Yes wee Noah.... He has been pushing himself to standing for awhile now but yesterday he stood up and took his first step!! I was so blessed to be able to witness it. He didn't go anywhere but fell to the ground. It was like okay I will try this and then he thought Yeah not really my thing. It was pretty cute and most important he didn't hurt himself so I am sure that he will try again soon. Yikes, then I will have 2 monkeys running around.

Caleb has made some steps too. He actually let us know he had to go poop and went on the potty. Disclaimer, this was a one time thing and we are still not pressuring him. He has too much going on in his life to stress about potty training. He will when he is ready. Caleb has been really helpful and his vocabulary is growing everyday. It reminds me of the song: " Be careful little eyes what you see....Be careful little ears what you hear....Be careful little mouths what you say..." The best is he loves to pray...or at least say AMEN!!!

My favorite moments this week have been, watching the boys play together. They truly love each other. They wrestle...Yes already, and play chase! Both of them light up when they see each other. I have been loving spending time with my husband. Sitting watching our TV series on DVD and just being with each other. We have had some great conversations and debates(Nope they don't stop with Cancer but they do take funny turns...Generally not about laundry on the floor) Most of all I love feeling blessed. God has blessed us in so many ways. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

I'm glad for your good moments! You have an amazing spirit!