So many emotions come with Father's day. First off, I was so lucky to have the man I had as a father. He taught me so much. He taught me the importance of loving God and relying on him. He taught me to love life and experience things that scare me(while being cautious of course!). He taught me the value of money and that it is important to budget and plan your finances. He taught me how I should be loved by loving my mom. I could go on and on about all the things that my father has taught me but it brings tears to my eyes because I am sure that he wasn't done teaching me when he left for Heaven. I will always remember that you are never too young to have ice cream, you can never be to cautious and that family time is precious.
Dave. He is thought of often and emotions come because of all that he is missing. He loved being a Dad.
The thought of Mike brings me such Joy and happiness. He is an amazing Dad and husband. He is constantly wanting to teach the boys all aspects of life. He has dreams for the boys and our other future children(not an announcement). He is gentle and firm. He has an amazing balance with discipline and fun even when it is different from mine. He shows compassion when the boys talk about Dave and does his best to talk to them about why things like that happen. He teaches the boys the importance of church, loving God and other. He teaches them the importance of family and how they should love and treat a woman. He teaches them to be cautious and that they can be adventurous and he has them. He teaches them to laugh. He teaches them the value of money.
My father -in-law treats me just like I was his own daughter. He cares about me, worries and loves me. This is such a blessing in my life. It is something that I cherish so much and am extremely grateful for.
Thank you to all the men in my life that are fathers. I hope that you have an amazing Father's Day!
1 comment:
Ah Darc, your post made me smile. And cry. I'm so glad you're so blessed! Hugs friend!
Post a Comment