Well if any one asked in the past few years "How are you doing today?" the answer was always "Tired but good." Most would chalk it up to working so much, being a mom of 2 kids and many other things. I talked to my doctor about it because I had some other concerns that sounded like hypothyroidism but I didn't want to self diagnose. 2 years ago my number was 5.9 and again 6 months ago my number was 5.9. ( I will explain the numbers in a minute). All of a sudden I began needing more sleep and eventually got up to needing/sleeping 18hrs a day. I went to the doctor and he was a blessing from above. He specialized in Endocrinology in the UK and just moved to Canada. He said that we treat the symptoms not just lab results. He put me on a small dose of synthyroid and said we would adjust it as we went along. He also wanted me to go for a new baseline blood test. That Blood test came back at 8!
0.4-6.0 is normal range in Canada for your thyroid levels.
0.4-4.0 is normal range in USA
0.4-3.0 is normal range for UK....
SO for 18months I have been just below normal range in Canada but still high for everywhere else.
I also have a disease that causes my body to attack my thyroid. So I will always be on synthyroid.
2 comments:
It's so great that you finally got some answers! I'm on synthroid, too, for the rest of my life with Hypothyroidism. A few months ago my # was up to 11!! Thankfully it's now back on track and much lower. I'm so glad you can finally get this balanced out and feel better with more energy! Luv ya!
Isn't it nice when you get confirmation that you are not crazy! :) Glad it's all figured out, but so sorry you had to wait so long to get to this point. Hope you start to feel better very soon.
Post a Comment