I remember vividly when my best friend spoke and sang at Dave's funeral. When she spoke of when Dave and I told her about the cancer and our attitude; she spoke about this song that she felt represented our journey and attitude. She then blessed us by singing it. As her voice filled the church and the words spoke to my heart. The song was titled "Walk through the Valley if you want me too" By Ginny Owens.
I turn to this song when I don't necessarily understand or have concern or feel uneasy. I am not by any means saying that I have valleys as deep and dark as what Dave or myself went through during that time but there are still times of uneasy, times of asking why.
I think of this after meeting with a geneticist. For those of you who don't know much about genetics it is basically comes up with a lot of maybes and unknowns and not a lot of answers. So it gets frustrating when they say we found something and it could mean something but will probably be nothing but we don't know anything for sure. You have to have a very open mind and not worry at all until they are certain about something. This is something that is very hard to do....
What do you do....Do you worry? Do you fret? Do you breath easy? Do you pray? I have chosen to pray and trust on God's promise. Not always easy to let God carry the load but I the peace that comes from that is Amazing. I still worry but it is easier to let it go. I still fret but it is easier to let that go knowing that God has a plan.
If you want me to - Ginny Owens
The pathway is broken
an the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why you brought me here
Just because you love me the way that you do
I'm going walk through the valley if you want me too
Cause I am not who I was when I took my first step
I am clinging to the promise that you are not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
I will go through the fire if you want me too
It may not be the way that I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that is not my home
You never said that it would be easy
you only said that I would never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me and I am all by myself
And I can't hear you answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering your love put you through
and I will go through the valley if you want me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment