I get a call at work on tuesday to say that Noah has a temperature and he isn't himself. Everything sounds to be under control. When I got home, Noah had a fever, wasn't drinking and wasn't talking.(with an asthmatic if there isn't any noticeable breathing issues but they stop talking and stop drinking they are most likely in distress.). I take him in thinking that this is just asthma related. We got there and were seen fairly quickly. It was the first time that either of the boys have been x-rayed. Not only was he battling his asthma but a bacterial tracheaitis(an infection of his windpipe) and most likely influenza. Within no time he was being admitted.
The next morning Caleb spikes a fever.
When my mom comes up to the hospital I head home to assess Caleb and shower and pack some necessities. Caleb is doing ok but did have a fever. I went back to the hospital. Mike was going to take caleb in if his fever got worse or he developed throat issues.
Noah was on IV fluids and antibiotics, which he was responding to, gradually getting better but started to get high strung on Wednesday afternoon. By wednesday night Noah was developing hives and was reacting to his antibiotics. OH BOY!
No sleep again
Thursday morning, Noah had another reaction(which was later proven to be a rebound or piggyback reaction) and again in the evening. They stopped all antibiotics for 24hrs. Noah still didn't sleep on Thursday night.
Friday morning, I am sick, very very sick. Mike and MOm collaborate and send me home to sleep. I get to my mom's with the intention to head back to the hospital at supper time. I couldn't move off the couch and resided there until Sunday morning.
Caleb is still fighting the "flu" off but is doing better.
2 comments:
Oh, Darcy! That sounds rough. Get to feeling better, and soon! The sickies are no fun. Praying for you all, and for healthy days ahead!
Oh my! I'll be lifting you & your up! Did you guys get your flu shots this year?
Post a Comment