Well it has been 3 years since I could really feel like I could enjoy Christmas. I truly love Christmas but for the past 2 years I have had a hard time getting myself truly excited and overjoyed for Christmas. I know for some of you it is WAY too early for thoughts of Christmas. Christmas has never been the "stuff" or the materialistic side of Christmas. Christmas is about the joy of time with family, special memories, that twinkle in the eye and just a happiness all the way around.
I am thrilled to create wonderful holiday memories for my children. I am just loving the icing of sugar cookies and the "helping" that sometimes takes 3 times as long. I love building the anticipation of spending time with family and friends and seeing the JOY that is in their eyes!
We are off this weekend to spend "Christmas" with Mike's Family. They are such a blessing in my life and I am overjoyed that they are all so close. I have popped in a link to one of my favourite Christmas songs and a few of the pictures of what "Christmas" has started to look like around here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnRNP0Qipws&feature=related
Noah Helping cut out Sugar Cookies.

Caleb measuring out the Brown sugar and dumping it in.
No comments:
Post a Comment