I still remember one of Dave's final conversations with me. I think I have done well at what he asked of me. He didn't want me to stop living and loving life. He didn't want to be my end point. He didn't want me to curl up forever and pull the blankets over my head.(an inside joke between Dave and I) He told me to rely on God for strength and that he would always be with me. He was so very true. God had given me strength and blessed beyond belief. Dave is still with me, how could he not when I have his 2 beautiful boys looking at me.
There are times that I am weak, there are times that I cry, there are times that I want so desperately to talk to him and hear his voice. I don't believe that these feelings will ever leave. They are part of losing someone so important. But I feel and believe that it is okay to have these moments. You are not moving forward, you are not holding onto the past. I feel that it is honouring the memory of someone who was important to you. I find these times come in moments that I want to share with the people that matter most.
2 comments:
Darcy,
Thinking of you today. It's with a new understanding that only the loss of someone special can bring. Wish it weren't so for either of us, but these things will and do make us stronger. (Whether we like it or not) It's so good to see happy things happening in your life. You will continue to be in our prayers.
hugs! And I'm so proud at your courage to live life - loss isn't easy - I cannot imagine such a great loss!
Post a Comment