Tuesday, April 27, 2010

7 years ago...

There was a terrible blizzard. It dropped about 6 feet of wet heavy snow on the ground. It was my wedding day, a joyous occassion. Even with the blizzard and all the complications it was one of the best days of my life. On Saturday April 26, 2003 I became Mrs. Dave Lymburner. I was overjoyed. I had my future ahead of me.

Yesterday would have been 7years of wedded bliss. 7 years of sharing a life together, planning our future. Yesterday was just a day to everyone else but for me it brought rushing emotions back. There was no joy for this day anymore, no celebration, no Dave to share the memories with. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep the day away. But I started to remember the memories, the joy that we did have and the life that we had together. I remembered that I got 6 good married years with him. I remembered that I have joy in my house again, life fills this house. This joy and life helps me through days like that. It wasn't buried, but shared. Tears flowed when I needed them to.

Today is another milestone. One year ago today the Doctors told us that there was no more that they could do for Dave. One year ago our journey was coming to an end. One year ago I was preparing to say goodbye to my husband and move forward.

Hard to believe the journey that God lays out for you. It is never what you plan for yourself. But I have come to find that when you place your trust and faith in him he will bless your life. I was blessed with the time I had with Dave, blessed with 2 amazing kids! I have been blessed with a new love, a new future! I continue to have faith and trust in God's plan for me and he continues to bless me.

2 comments:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

I'm so sorry I didn't remember to call you yesterday! You are in my thoughts so often! (my act just isn't together these days). I am so glad for the wonderful memories you've been given & Darc, also so happy for you for your future and the joy the Lord has brought you! Hugs!

The Mailman's Wife said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast a year can go by. Thinking and praying for you!