Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Change of perspective

It is amazing how much perspective can influence your attitude. I have always had a happy disposition, even in the hardest times in my life.  My life changed when I became a mother.  A perspective shift, I have to care for someone else.  I have to put them first.  Something struck home even more so when I brought a daughter into the world.  Instantly I saw everything that I struggle with, the very way the I look at myself and how I focus on the negative.  My perspective once again shifted.  It had to change.

I had to change how I looked at myself so I could show my daughter how to treat herself.  If I didn't
treat myself the way I wanted her to treat herself than I could never expect her to learn.  It was never going to be a "do as I say not as I do" philosophy.  That would not change it. I had to show her how to love herself.

Just as I will teach her to be confident, intelligent, faithful, and brave; I will teach her how to love the unique amazing individual that God created her to be. Change is hard but when you have an beautiful daughter who is perfect just the way she is change becomes easier.

To change the way the world sees our daughters, we first have to change our view of ourselves.  It is us just as much as society.

1 comment:

Kirsten B. said...

I agree whole heartedly!! We need to be proud of ourselves and who God made us to be, never ashamed, insecure or not good enough. Our daughters, nieces and all the other women in our lives need to see this in us and through us! Love ya!!