I love spending time with my boys. Sometimes it is just hanging out around the house or going on little adventures. It is all exciting. Since I have been working so much lately I thought I would make my first afternoon off special... We had a EPIC mommy date.
We went swimming...Sorry no pictures I was in the water. Then we went to safeway and picked out treats. Then to the blockbuster that is closing to purchase a new to us movie. Then home to make popcorn for our movie and eat our treats. Then we read a story by Karen Kingsbury "Let's go on a Mommy Date" ( I think all mom's should at least read this book) and then snuggled up and watch Ice Age : Dawn of the Dinosaurs...Can you tell I have boys....No princess movies for me.

Making Popcorn
Caleb taking a picture of us!
Excitement of a Popcorn Machine.
The Three of us.
The Fun Cupcakes....
Caleb got cookie Monster and Noah got Elmo....
and I got Big Bird!

Caleb with his cupcake.

Noah with his 'Elmo's World' cupcake.

Pure excitement.

Yumm-o!

It is good Mommy!

Caleb informed me we needed a picture with me with my cupcake.

Funny faces
Funny Faces
Movie time with cuddles....

Juice + Popcorn + a blanket = a great time

"See, time will take you far from here; you're growing way too fast. All I want is Mommy time to make the moments last. Something we'll remember so that come some far-off day, you'll know how much I loved you 'cause we took the time to play." -excerpt from Karen Kingsbury's Let go on a Mommy Date
1 comment:
Darcy! That last quote had me in tears! SO true and so important - looks like you made a wonderful memory! Blessings!
Post a Comment